Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tough Commute



As I sit here typing this post, I hear the snow plow rumbling by outside. I'll be heading outside to find the end of the driveway again shortly. We had about a 4" dump this afternoon. It put the Fun-O-Meter for the ride home today at eleven.

Actually, it was way easier than I expected it to be. I was figuring that I'd be needing 90 minutes to get home and it took just 70. I was going very slow in a couple of spots, but being quite zippy once I got to Bettendorf. In fact, as I was buzzing down Central, past the QuickyMart, a guy there yelled out to me, "You should be 4 wheeling!". Hardly...

228 to go... Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get myself into work in the morning. I'm seriously considering driving. It will be way cold tonight, around 10F, and I really like to be able to see where I'm riding. I might ride over to the bus station in the morning, put the bike on the bus and then take the bus over the river. Then, I'd be riding home in the afternoon.

No comments: