Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tough Guy Points

Wow... despite have pretty much an energy level of zero, I made it to the Sunday Class. It went way, way better than I expected. I'm not really sure if it was energy levels being low or more a matter of the finality of winter's arrival. For some reason, I could not get myself up into headstand in the middle of the room today. So... It was to the wall. After I bounced myself off it, I managed to do a fairly ok one. I then managed 6 breaths with the legs at 90. It must have been the "safety blanket" of having the wall there. What that really means is that I can do it, it's just a matter of doing it.

Today's ride was pretty brutal. It was the first outing on the studs. Man... does it take a lot of energy to keep them moving. So... it was something on the order of 34F when I rolled with the snow coming down. The bike path was mostly clear, but there were occasional patches of snow that had been walked on and patches of slush. I was pretty warm for the ride, but the toes were feeling it by the time I got home. 323 more miles to go.

No comments: