Sunday, November 30, 2008

And miles to go before I sleep


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Robert Frost

Well... The white crap is now falling from the sky. Ol' Man Winter has taken up residence here once again. The prediction is maybe 3" during the day and another 2" overnight. The last 350 miles to 10000 is now looking like it's going to be hard to do. Yesterday, I was thinking I had it in the bag. Such is the way of things.

That said, I haven't quite succumbed to the inevitable. Instead of hopping on the bike this morning for a cruise to the bagel shop, I was installing the studded tires on the bike so I am good to go for this afternoon’s ride and then the ride into work in the morning. It's time to finish cleaning up the espresso machine and start getting ready for the drive over to the Primary Series class at the Shala. More on that and this afternoon's ride in a later post.

No comments: