Sunday, March 9, 2008

RAGBY To Visit Argo Corners - Don't Blink

Well... The DSM Register has released the detailed RABGY route. It can be found here. They are making good use of Google Maps. Nice to see that folks are taking to this. It's a great bit of technology. Not quite as good a use as the Beer Mapping Project, but hey... you have to start somewhere.

There is one interesting things about the last day aside from the fact that I'll be within five miles of the house. That is that it passes through the faux town of Argo Corners. It is not much more than an intersection with a couple of houses. When I told my wife about it, she replied, "Don't Blink". There is an old tavern than has been converted into a lunch stop/low budget Quicky Mart. I haven't been out that way in awhile, so I'm hoping that it is still there. I'll have to ride out that way and see.

Most of the last day is pretty boring from my perspective. I ride on those roads a fair amount, so it doesn't have the "new" factor. At least it will be easy to get home.

No comments: