Saturday, August 9, 2008

Woah... It's Been Awhile

Holy Socks! It's been almost a month since the last post. I've been shirking my blog responsibilities, such as they are. Here are the last few items of interest.

  1. I managed to ride RAGBRAI and not fall down or flat. A good time was had by all. I was hanging with ShortBus and riding with them some. I'll try to get a RAGBY post together before all of it gets out of my head.
  2. I also managed to win the Tour de France. Well... at least I won the Kim West Radio Cycling Show Tour de France contest. I'll be claiming my t shirt when I head to Ames later this month.
  3. I've been stacking in the miles and I'm starting to feel a little bit of fitness returning. RAGBRAI was an almost 500 mile week, followed by a 300 mile week, and this week is looking like it will be around 350. W00t!
Today's little ride was just a bit over 90 miles in just a bit over 5 hours. That averages out to about 18mph for the ride. And it was in the rain too. Tough guy points might be in the offing. That depends if I do the 50 or so planned for tomorrow.

Gotta go... I feel the need for a beer and some tunes. Hard Quarter is playing at the Bier Stube tonight. I'm not to wild about the beer there, but they do have Warstiener ,which will do in a pinch. Or I might just slip next door to Bent River and get either an Uncommon Stout (a coffee stout) or the Pale Ale. Maybe I can listen to the band from there.... the best of both worlds.

No comments: